A frontend for youtube that shows transcripts instead of videos.
Installation and Usage
git clone https://github.com/thavelick/youtranscript && cd youtranscript
- Start the server
# Make sure to use a real invidious host here YOUTRANSCRIPT_INVIDIOUS_HOST=your-favorite.invidious.host ./youtranscript.py
- Open your browser to http://localhost:8008/
YOUTRANSCRIPT_INVIDIOUS_HOST: required – the hostname of the invidious instance to use to pull youtube transcripts and search results. For a list of available instances check: https://api.invidious.io/. Make sure you pick one with a checkmark for API.
- Python 3.10
- choose a random invidious instance if one isn’t specified
- Clean up the design
- The W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines seem like a good starting point, not just for users with disabilities but for everyone.
- Add accessibility features
- Add search box to the results and transcript pages
- Add title and other metadata to the transcript pages
- Commission or make a cool logo
- Add punctuation restoration to auto-generated transcripts
- Add some copy to the homepage about how cool this is
- Public hosting
- Add a way to show the transcripts in a different language
- Video Image alt text
- User testing with screen readers
- Responsive design