A Python scraper for substrate chains that uses Subscan.
- copy config/sample_scrape_config.json to config/scrape_config.json and configure to your desire.
- make sure there is a data/parachains folder
- corresponding files will be created in data/
If a file already exists in data/, that operation will be skipped in subsequent runs.
On overview is given in this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/alice_und_bob/status/1493714489014956037
We use the following methods in the projects:
- Logging: https://docs.python.org/3/howto/logging.html
- Async Operations: https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio-task.html
There is a class SubscanWrapper that encapsulates the logic around calling Subscan.
If you have a Subscan API key, you can put it in the main folder in a file called “subscan-key” and it will be applied to your calls.
This is a scraoer that knows how to use the SubscanWrapper to fetch data for a parachain and serialize it to disk.
Currently it knows how to fetch addresses and extrinsics.