Hiking on the backcountry or trails during the winter requires the best snowshoes. You need an aggressive snowshoe capable of withstanding the harsh winter weather. During the winter season, the ground is usually slippery and can lead to falls. This is why you need the best snowshoes with crampons for maximum traction. In addition, you need snowshoes that feature a secure binding to lock your boots to the snowshoes. Stability and floatation are an important aspect when choosing any snowshoe. While this can be challenging for most new buyers, we are here to help.
Our comprehensive review below narrows down your snowshoes to 10 leading picks. We’ve researched several snowshoes on the market and picked the best for you. Our reviews cover a variety of flat surface, rolling, and mountain snowshoes to suit your needs. Make sure you consider your weight and the type of snow you will be traversing before choosing a snowshoe. Read through our reviews below and order one snowshoe that best suits your needs.
Table of the Best Snowshoes Reviews
10. HRKING Women Aluminum Snowshoes w/ Trekking Poles and Carrying Tote Bag
Enjoy your winter hiking with this versatile and durable snowshoes set. The HRKING comes packed with features to tackle your favorite winter hikes. Like the lightweight, smooth striding design allows you to have better control as you navigate through your hurdles. The TPU binding adopts a comfortable design with a fast lock and loosens system to provide you with easy wear and control. Also, the double ratcheting binding features an adjustable design to fit most footwears securely. This allows you to have maximum control, safety, and efficiency. Overall the one buckle tightening mechanism coupled with a TPA heel strap guarantees extra support.
- Snowshoe tote bag for easy transportation
- Trekking pole hence super comfortable use
- TPU bindings therefore safe
- Fully adjustable therefore versatile
9. Gpeng Lightweight Aluminum Terrain Snowshoes
Hike in winter with these amazing Gpeng snowshoes set. With an ergonomic, streamlined design, this beauty will take you to the tree line and beyond. Moreover, this design also adopts a slightly upturned round tail to guarantee more comfort as you hike. Furthermore, it promises maximum floatation and fast movement in heavy snow conditions. Besides, the strong metal frame and the high-quality PE decking ensure you have a stable experience with maximum floatation. Overall the heel straps adopt quick-release buckles to ensure comfort and secure positioning of your feet.
- Aluminum alloy crampons for aggressive traction
- Double ratcheting bindings hence fully adjustable
- TPE heel strap there superior support
- PE decking for maximum floatation
8. FLASHTEK Aluminum Terrain Snowshoes w/ Trekking Poles and Carrying Tote Bag
Nothing beats this versatile snowshoe tailored for all genders when it comes to climbing or hiking on snow. These 21inches snowshoes feature an optimized weight range of 30-70kg to promise anyone on this weight range an unbelievable experience. Thanks to the streamlined design with the slightly upturned rounded design, this snowshoes set offers maximum floatation and superior movement. Moreover, it has a fast pull binding system for easy entry and fast-lock for quick on and off wear for added convenience. Additionally, these features allow it to offer more adaptability to fit a wide range of shoe sizes from 35- 40EUR.
- 6000 series aircraft aluminum frame hence lightweight
- Compact set therefore ready for climbing
- The ergonomic design thus maximum floatation
- Fast pull binding system hence the easy entry
7. Carryown Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Snowshoes for Men and Women
It does not matter how heavily packed you want to go; these snowshoes will allow you to carry your load. It comes with three varying sizes and weight range capacity. This means your whole family can walk along with you to enjoy some winter hiking. Besides, its packaging includes snowshoes, trekking poles, and a carrying bag. Which offers the convenience of walking and also transportation of your set. This beauty features a double ratcheting binding tightening mechanism coupled with a TPE heel strap for a superior ride. Moreover, the adjustable trekking poles offer added convenience and stability to your climbing.
- Adjustable trekking poles for convenience
- One buckle tightening mechanism for support
- Lightweight, therefore, easy control.
- Varying sizes and weight ranges therefore versatile.
6. ALPS Aluminum Snowshoes w/ Pair Antishock Poles and Carrying Tote Bag
Pair your climbing with superior quality snowshoes designed to breeze through your winter hiking or climbing. The design adopts fast and secure operation to allow you to have a comfortable experience. For instance, the fast pull binding buckles ensure you can easily have your boots on or off. While the heel bindings also allow you to climb hills easily and securely. Furthermore, the aluminum alloy teeth ensure you have enough traction and grip on the snow for enhanced safety. Besides, the ergonomic design guarantees maximum floatation and fast movement in heavy snow conditions.
- Comfortable design, therefore easy to have on and off.
- Aluminum alloy material hence durable.
- Aluminum alloy teeth design, therefore, increased traction and grip.
- Lightweight for quick navigation
5. WildHorn Outfitters Sawtooth Snowshoes for Men and Women
Upgrade your hiking experience or climbing experience with these upgraded snowshoes by WildHorn Outfitters. Featuring fully adjustable bindings, this snowshoe will adjust to fit the size of your foot. Furthermore, it also comes in two lengths, 21 and 27, to guarantee it remains highly versatile and adaptable. Besides, the easy ratchet-style binding uppers with quick release and secure buckle heel strap gives it a tailored feel. Moreover, the ergonomic construction allows it to remain strong, sturdy, and have floatation performance. Overall these snowshoes have heavy-duty crampons that ensure traction on icy hard surfaces.
- Steep incline heel lift riser for added convenience.
- Heavy-duty crampon for improved traction
- Premium material, therefore long-lasting.
- Fully adjustable binding hence versatile
4. Odoland Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Snowshoes for Men and Women
Don’t let a little snow ruin your hiking season. The Odoland 4-in 1 snowshoes make for an excellent choice. It features an ergonomic and streamlined shape that enables walking easy hence providing a stable platform. With trekking poles that extend from 25.5 to 54 inches, they become a reliable support for everyone. Moreover, they have waterproof leg gaiters made of pongee fabric hence guaranteeing tear and puncture resistance. Apart from that, each shoe has two sets of reinforced, heavy-duty sawtooth for strong traction on icy and hard surfaces.
- Waterproof gaiters hence durable
- All in 1 carry bag for easy transport
- Multiple choice of colors, therefore convenient.
- The large flat surface area, therefore, great floatation.
3. Gpeng Lightweight Aluminum Rolling Terrain Gold SnowShoes for Men and Women
Are you in pursuit of snowshoes that are ideal for packed snow and tough terrain? Then Gpeng Snowshoes are here for you. With two sets of reinforced durable metal crampons that enable traction on icy hard surfaces. It’s easy to ratchet binding uppers with quick release and secure heel strap for a fully customizable fit. Besides, it delivers quick fast movements in heavy snow conditions as its lightweight. Additionally, the shape frame features a curved rear end, minimizing the dragging effect, therefore, easy maneuverability. Overall, it offers different shoe sizes for all family members.
- Ergonomic and streamlined design for easy maneuverability
- Adjustable bindings for a comfortable fit
- Lightweight for easy movement
- Hardpack grip teeth hence traction on icy surfaces
2. ALPS Lightweight Snow Shoes w/ with Trekking Poles and Carrying Tote Bag
Looking to go on an icy terrain? You’ll need something with maximum traction. The ALPS Snowshoes boasts a uniquely streamlined design and a slightly upturned round tail that offers maximum floatation. With its DuPont pivot and polyethylene, decking makes for durability. Furthermore, this 22inches snowshoe optimizes a weight range of 80 – 150 lbs / 36 – 68 kg, making for a lightweight and comfortable snowshoe. Its heel bindings allow you to climb hills easily. Apart from that, the aluminum alloy teeth deliver increased traction and grip to the snow. Overall, the shoes are designed for men and women daily snowshoeing, such as hiking, climbing, or short walks around the park.
- Good size and weight-bearing capacity hence convenient
- Adjustable binding buckles for comfort
- Streamlined design for easy movement
- Multiple usages hence versatile
1. Winterial Lightweight Aluminum Rolling Terrain Gold Snow Shoes
Tackle the backcountry snow with ultimate comfort and grip using the uniquely designed Winterial Gold snowshoes. It prides itself on 2 anti-shock poles that allow for the best snowshoeing adventure. Additionally, it has heel bindings that make it easier to climb hills. Apart from that, its aluminum teeth help provide increased traction and grip to the snow. This high-quality and lightweight snowshoe guarantees ease of use, therefore saving you valuable time as you enjoy snowshoeing. Apart from that, the snowshoes are made to last with strong aluminum frames and plastics. Overall, they are made for everyday snowshoeing.
- Made for everyday snowshoeing hence convenient
- 2 anti-shock poles for easy movement
- Aluminum frame therefore durable
- Adjustable heel bindings for comfort
In conclusion, these are the best snowshoes in the industry to consider buying. Never risk any adventures in the wild during the winter season without the right type of snowshoe. Whether climbing, hiking, or running on snow, a suitable snowshoe is highly recommended.