Realtime Financial Market Data Visualization and Analysis
This repo shows my project about real-time stock data pipeline. All the code is written in PYTHON. In this project, I play with various Data Engineering frameworks to develop a financial data processing and visualization platform using Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, and Bokeh. I used Kafka for realtime stock price and market news streaming, Cassandra for historical and realtime stock data warehousing, and Bokeh for visualization on web browsers. I also wrote a web crawler to scrape companys’ financial statements and basic information from Yahoo Finance, and played with various economy data APIs.
There are currently 3 tabs in the webpage:
- Stock: Streaming & Fundamental
- Single stock’s candlestick plot, basic company & financial information;
- Realtime S&P500 price during trading hours (fake date during non-trading hours)
- Stock: Comparison
- 2 user-selected stocks’ price, and their statstical summay and correlation
- 5,10,30-day moving average of adjusted close price
- Geomap of various economy data by state
- 4 economy indicators nationwide for comparison
- The most recent market news
Here is the architecture of the platform.
How Stock Data is Streamed via Kafka to Cassandra:
Please check each tab’s screenshot: