GitRec is the missing recommender system for GitHub repositories based on Gorse.
- The trending crawler crawls trending repositories and insert them into Gorse as new items.
- The user starred crawler crawls user starred repositories and insert them into Gorse as new fewdback.
- GitRec web service pulls recommendations from Gorse and show to users. It also submits a crawling request to the user starred crawler when a new user signed in.
- First, clone the repository and enter the folder.
git clone https://github.com/zhenghaoz/gitrec.git cd gitrec
- Generate a personal access token from GitHub and fill the
GITHUB_ACCESS_TOKENvariable in docker-compose.yml.
GITHUB_ACCESS_TOKEN: # personal access token
- Create a GitHub OAuth app. The authorization callback URL should be
http://127.0.0.1:5000/login/github/authorized. Then, fill following variables in docker-compose.yml.
GITHUB_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID: # client ID GITHUB_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET: # client secret SECRET_KEY: # random string
- Start the cluster using Docker Compose.
docker-compose up -d
- Download the SQL file github.sql and import to the MySQL instance.
mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root -proot_pass gorse < github.sql
- Play with GitRec:
|Server RESTful API||
|Server Prometheus Metrics||
|Worker Prometheus Metrics||