Manga Character Screentone Synthesis
Official PyTorch implementation of "Synthesis of Screentone Patterns of Manga Characters" presented in IEEE ISM 2019. I only provide a demo script now.
pip install requirements.txt -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/lts/1.8/torch_lts.html
- Crop manga character images along with the bounding boxes of "body" annotation in Manga109.
- Extract line drawings from manga character images using theano implementation. You can also use official PyTorch implementation. (I used the theano implementation for our experiments in our paper. I checked that the PyTorch implementation also works well.)
Line drawings to manga images
# download a pre-trained model wget https://github.com/kktsubota/manga-character-screentone/releases/download/pre/model.pth # apply a screentone generator python apply_gen.py <path to a line-drawing image> --model_path model.pth # render a manga image python render.py <path to a line-drawing image> label.png
Manga images to screentone Labels
# download a pre-trained model wget https://github.com/kktsubota/manga-character-screentone/releases/download/pre/unet.pth # apply a screentone generator python classify_tone.py <path to a manga image> --model_path unet.pth # render a manga image python render.py <path to a corresponding line-drawing image> label-c.png
Please contact me via e-mail if you have any troubles when running this code. My e-mail address is shown in our paper.
- Our paper: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8959008
- I thank to Chengze Li for providing a code that renders screentones.
- Some parts of our code are borrowed from https://github.com/junyanz/pytorch-CycleGAN-and-pix2pix.