Blender VSE Speed Adjust Addon
When using Video Sequence Editor in Blender, the speed effect strip doesn’t auto-adjusts clip length when changing its speed factor. As a result, we have to manually change the length of the video strip.
Using this very basic addon, we can adjust video strip length based on the speed factor we set.
- Blender 3.0.0 or above.
Developer Extrasoption should be enabled, under Edit -> Preferences -> Interface.
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Addons.
- Press the “Install” button.
- Select the
- Wait for a few seconds before the installation completes.
- Check the
Sequencer Speed Effect Adjustoption to enable it for use.
How to use?
Speedeffect strip to a video strip.
- Set your desired
Multiply Factor/Speed Factor.
- Video strip’s speed will now be increased, but its length will remain the same.
- To change the length, open
Operator Searchmenu. Default hotkey is
- Type in
Sequencer Speed Effect Adjustto search for this operator, select it, and press enter.
And that’s it. The video strip length will be auto-adjusted to the new speed we set.