GirlScript Winter of Contributing Twitter Bot
A Twitter Bot that retweets and likes tweets with the hashtag
#girlscript, and also follows the user.
Clone the repo
$ git clone https://github.com/thepranaygupta/GWoC-Bot.git
Install Tweepy – An easy-to-use Python library for accessing the Twitter API.
$ pip install tweepy
- Create a new Twitter account for your bot and Sign up for Twitter Developer Account.
- Make sure you fully understand Twitter’s Rules on Automation. Play nice. Don’t spam!
- Click on Create an app. This is where you’ll generate your keys, tokens, and secrets.
- Enter the details and keep safe the access tokens generated.
- Edit the bot.py file accordingly.
Follow all the steps as shown in this YouTube Tutorial.
You need to make three different files :
- runtime.txt (Includes Python Version
- requirements.txt (
pip freeze > requirements.txt)
- Procfile (
worker: python bot.py)
Note: Make sure that your bot.py file and the files generated above are in the same directory.
The GirlScript Winter of Contributing Twitter Bot is released under the under terms of the MIT License.