Hildebrand Glow IHD Local MQTT Home Assistant integration
Inspired and heavily based on @robertalexa forum thread here: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/glow-hildebrand-display-local-mqtt-access-template-help/428638
Installation & Usage
- Install MQTT Addon (https://home-assistant.io/components/mqtt/) – required for this integration to work
- Buy a Hildebrand Glow IHD device (https://shop.glowmarkt.com/products/display-and-cad-combined-for-smart-meter-customers)
- Follow this blog post to connect the Hildebrand Glow IHD device (https://email@example.com/glow-local-mqtt-f69b776b7af4)
- Add repository to HACS (see https://hacs.xyz/docs/faq/custom_repositories) – use “https://github.com/megakid/ha_hildebrand_glow_ihd_mqtt” as the repository URL.
- Install the
hildebrand_glow_ihd_mqttintegration inside HACS
- Restart HA
- Add Hildebrand Glow IHD MQTT integration using the normal HA integration configuration screen – note if you leave the Device ID as ‘+’ it will automatically detect all Hildebrand Glow IHD devices publishing to your MQTT – this is the recommended way.
- Your various
sensors will be named something like
sensor.smart_meter...grouped as devices.