Visual Python is a GUI-based Python code generator, developed on the Jupyter Notebook environment as an extension.
- Key Features
- Automatically generates Python code based on a graphic user interface
- Creates code blocks by tasks (such as data processing, visualization)
- You can save the analysis process and share it (as .vp file) with others
- Who and What is it for?
Visual Python is a data analytics solution for both Programmers & Non-programmers.
Programmers can use the tool :
- to save & reuse user-defined (or repeatedly used) code
- to find Python packages and functions from the list
Non-programmers will be able to :
- learn the Python language more easily
- manage big data with minimal coding skills
Visual Python is developed as an extension on Jupyter Notebook.
We recommend installing Anaconda (virtual environment).
- Python version 3.x
- Jupyter notebook or Anaconda env
2. How to Install
1) Open Anaconda prompt
- Windows : Click Start > Search or Select 'Anaconda Prompt'
- Mac : Open Launchpad > Select 'Terminal'
2) Install package from
pip install visualpython
Depending on your virtual environment settings, you may need to install Jupyter Extensions.
To install Jupyter Extension, use commands either:
pip install jupyter_contrib_nbextensions
conda install -c conda-forge jupyter_contrib_nbextensions
3) Enable the package
4) Activate Visual Python on Jupyter Notebook
Click orange square button on the right side of the Jupyter Notebook menu.
3. Package Control Info
- Usage: visualpy [option]
- Optional arguments:
help - show help menu uninstall - uninstall packages upgrade - version upgrade version - version check
Mission & Vision
To support technology and education so that anyone can leverage big data analytics to create a variety of social values.
To create an environment where everyone can learn and use big data analytics skills easily.